How To Download A Copy Of Your Facebook Data

Yes! You can download a copy of your facebook data!

Click Account Settings
Under Language find the link Download a copy of your Facebook data. Click it.
On the next page click the Start My Archive green button.
Once the button is clicked you need to wait for sometime (can be a few hours too depending on the content). Once the download is ready you will be notified via email. You can also return to this page and check the status.
Once the download is ready you just need to click the Download Archive button and download the zip from this page.
Unzip the file and you will find an HTML file (index.html) and two folders (html and photos). You can run the index.html file which will show you all the links to the downloaded data. Also you can explore the photos folder where all your albums and images are stored.

Make sure you keep the downloaded files in a safe place as it contains all your personal data and can be accessed without a password.

This entry was posted in Internet and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to How To Download A Copy Of Your Facebook Data

1. Irish says:

Oh, I didn’t know this is possible. I only did this on my twitter account.

2. Ruth says:

Wow, this is the first time I have heard of this! Thank you so much for sharing! I might try doing this later 🙂

3. andrew says:

thanks for sharing,, will try this.

4. Is this an archive that contains all posts in your history? Interesting! I didn’t know the data could be downloaded.

5. Manu Kalia says:

Wow, I really didn’t know this. Does this includes the Videos and photo data?

6. Franc Ramon says:

This will make sure that you have all your data anytime. We should back up our data often.

7. This is awesome! I didn’t know this was possible until today.

8. Wow, I didn’t know this was possible! This will be very helpful to me. I have tons of photos on Facebook and I want to download all of them.

9. Pia says:

Thanks for this! I was really looking on how can I have a copy of my facebook data. Thanks to this! 🙂

10. I will definitely download my asap. Especially the photos.

11. I never knew that it was possible to download your Facebook data. It definitely seems like something that could be useful. I’m not sure quite what I would use it for, unless if my computer crashed and I lost all of my pictures- then this would be a great way to retrieve those, I suppose.

12. XmasDolly says:

Thanks for sharing this fab… info. HAPPY NEW YEARS!

13. Erica Bodker says:

wow I had no idea this was even possible. I’m gonna have to give his a try I believe it could be helpful for some things. How did you find out about this?

14. This is a great idea. Honestly, I had no idea how this was done. I admit there are things I love about Facebook and some that I don’t. Hope you have a happy new year!

15. Thanks for the tutorial! I’ve never even thought about needing to do this. It would be nice to have back up copies of all the photos, especially the ones that other people took and tagged me in, since I don’t have the original copies. Thanks for sharing!

16. This is very interesting. But, I’m not sure why you would want to download your facebook information. I guess if something happened and facebook completely shut down (which is quite possible) It would be nice to have all of my business page information with my customers, so I don’t lose them. Good thoughts. Thank You.

17. marina says:

Oh neat! I didn’t even know this was possible. I don’t share a whole lot on Facebook but I guess its nice to save those comments from friends and loved ones. Thanks for sharing!

18. Wow, I had NO idea you could do this?! Thanks so, so much for this. I was just thinking the other day about the thousands and thousands of photos I have on there and if anything ever happened to my Facebook I would e devastated. This is perfect! Thanks again.

19. This is such great advise thanks for the tip I’ve bookmarked this post!